Help with Fees


Help with childcare costs and other benefits.

Childcare Vouchers

You can use childcare vouchers to pay towards your fees. We accept childcare vouchers from all recognised voucher providers if paid electronically. Please ask your employer about which childcare voucher scheme they use. Any balance due after the voucher payment has been made should be paid by Standing Order. If you would like to pay by childcare vouchers, please inform the manager before your settling programme commences who can inform you of our account details to enable registration with your particular voucher scheme.

Help with feesDaycare Trust
Provides information about childcare issues and funding for childcare.

Benefits Enquiry Line
Helpline: 0800 88 22 00
Provides information on benefits for disabled people and their carers.

Careers Helpline for Young People
Helpline: 0800 100 900
Text: 07766 413 219
Provides advice, guidance and support on a range of issues to young people aged 13–19 (24 if they have special educational needs).

Contact a Family
Helpline: 0808 808 3555
Provides information, advice and support to families of disabled children.

Disabled Information and Advice Line (DIAL UK)
Tel: 01302 310 123
National network of advice agencies for people with disabilities.

Disability Rights UK
Provides information and advice about benefits and other financial entitlements to people with disabilities, their carers and families.

Family Fund Trust
Tel: 08449 744 099
Provides grants to families with severely disabled or seriously ill children.

Family Information Service
Website: (For contact details of your local Family Information Service.)
Provides information about local childcare.

HM Revenue & Customs
Tax Credits Helpline: 0345 300 3900
Provide information and advice on tax benefits for parents.

Jobcentre Plus
Website: Information can be found on
Provides information about a range of benefits and government schemes including Work Focused Support.

Learner Support Helpline
Helpline: 0800 121 8989
Can provide information and advice about Care to Learn and the Adult Learning Grant.

Low Incomes Tax Reform Group
Information about tax, including tax credits for low income workers. Includes a guide to tax credit overpayments for parents.

National Childminding Association

NHS Student Grants
Tel: 0845 358 6655
Provide information for the Student Grants Unit who administers the NHS Bursary Scheme.

Student Finance England
Tel: 0845 300 5090
Provides services and information for those in England who are interested in financial support for students in Higher Education.

Helps people to access the money available to them – through welfare benefits, grants and other financial help.

Waving not drowning network
Helpline: 020 7253 7243 (Wed, Thu, Fri)
A network of parents of children with disabilities who work or want to work, run by Working Families.

Employer-supported childcare

Many employers support their staff with their childcare needs, including providing financial assistance or on site childcare services. Employers are able to offer staff financial support that is exempt from tax and National Insurance Contributions. The amount currently exempt from these contributions is £55 per week or £243 per month for basic rate tax payers. (There are increased exemptions on workplace childcare.)

This support can be provided in three ways:

  • childcare vouchers;
  • directly-contracted childcare; and
  • workplace childcare provision.

There are two ways that your employer can offer you support with your childcare, either as a benefit offered in addition to your cash salary – salary plus – or by you reducing your cash salary and receiving instead an amount towards your eligible childcare costs – salary sacrifice.

All forms of employer-supported childcare have specific conditions that must be met by both you and your employer. Information is available here….  

Employer-supported childcare can also benefit employers.